10.23.2006

Smashing Goofballs

While I'm as cautiously excited as the next fan that SP are slowly (and hopefully fully) regrouping, let's hope that none of their MySpace "friends" make it to any future shows. Here's a post from one little MySpace buddy:

"Billy, just promise me you will NOT have opening bands for your shows. I hate waiting 2 hours for 2 or 3 crappy opening bands. If I ever get famous, screw other bands, it will be MY show because people pay to see ME, not some other up and coming idiots."

You tell 'em, slugger. MySpace seems to generate relentless battalions of morons each day. Smashing Pumpkins seemingly have an entire fleet at their disposal.

A sad day for a once very cool band.

R.I.P. S.P., 1991-Mellon Collie.

1 comment:

CS said...

Yeah, there was that time when I saw QOTSA open for the Smashing P's. Dude is totally right.